The Impact of Search Engine Optimization to SMEs
SEO Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
Updated November 25, 2023Published August 24, 2016
While it is true that small and medium businesses will always have a shark competitor when it comes to using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to promote their products/services, it is also true that today’s businesses whether it is small or medium size cannot disregard the usefulness of having their site optimized.
Though there are so many advertising approaches for SMEs in Singapore can use, SEO is the most inexpensive and the most cost-effective online advertising strategy. There are various reasons to go SEO now. Here are the following;
- SEO is definitely not a cost, but it is an investment for the future. Investment with high return because if your site lifts its rank to the top three spot on the first page, it can mean lots and lots of returns. It is why a lot of real estate people invest now in SEO because the return can be truly high if you just get it right.
- SEO is cost-effective. Compared to pay-per-click, social media marketing, and even email marketing lists, SEO delivers a decent return on investment. Over the years, SEO has been proven to be one of the most cost-effective forms of marketing through the use of the internet, having a high return on investment over time. Moreover, an effective SEO can attract thousands, even millions of prospects to your business website.
- More or less 90% of consumers search for the product of their choice prior to making a purchase. So technically if your business does not show up in the search results, it’s another loss to your sales.
- SEO can help establish your brand. Oftentimes, establishing your brand is expensive, chaotic, and complicated. You feed the customers more information just to make them stick to your name and your brand. With SEO, branding is attainable by boosting your branding campaign and making you memorable.
- SEO is measurable marketing. Meaning, every dollar you pour, you can measure how efficient the SEO is. It can be evaluated and corrected. Thus, finding out the return on income for every dollar you spent.
- SEO can multiply your impact on the market. SEO can multiply your impact greatly by getting your website through the first page and with good ranks. SEO will ensure that your website appeals to the right audiences, make them more drawn to your products and services, and eventually lead to cash-spending customers of yours.
- SEO is a long-term investment, not a cost. Done correctly, SEO can be long-lasting. With proper SEO analysis up front, you can stay on the front page of search results for years, without spending money in the future. Even after you stop your SEO work, your website can still rank high on your chosen keywords, though you’re better off continuing with the services of an SEO consultant or in-house team, or you’ll risk losing your search ranking.
- SEO can help you to capitalize on weak competition. When your competitor has a smaller marketing budget, the tendency is to make mistakes or overlook opportunities. This is where a good SEO will help you maximize the advantage of these weaknesses. This makes SEO a smart move for all the small and medium-sized businesses in competitive branches.
Another note, if you operate a local business, you should really not disregard SEO in your marketing strategy. Google’s latest algorithm favors local businesses in its search results in an effort to deliver the highly relevant and individualized results today’s consumers demand. This is especially true for consumers who use Google on their smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices.