The Hong Kong Chronicles Institute is a non profit organization that upholding Chinese people’s time-honoured tradition of chronicling historical narratives for their localities.
Client wants us to develop the new website using Drupal 8 programming language. They wants to manage the website contents using the with Content Management System. Client also wants their website to have Youtube API integration and PDF iFrame integration to show Youtube videos and eBooks. Besides, the client will also need advanced search, tag search, articles filter and sorting functions.
- Develop the website based on the web pages layouts that is designed by client
- Design and build the sorting and filter function for each of the article posts
- Dedicated page design for books pages to display various book categories
- Integrate special image gallery functions with more useful features
- Insert 50 articles to this website and adjust them nicely using html editor within a short period
AFTER WE REVAMPED THE WEBSITE
HKCI new website is integrated with all necessary powerful Drupal features, secured with SSL certificate and its mobile responsive design is compatible with most desktops and mobile devices. Their website users can easily to find and read about Hong Kong history, cultures, events and books etc. through the website
Their Old Website & Problems
- The old website does not have image gallery functions, unable to display book PDF and do not have preview function. Besides, the article pages also do not have related tags and related posts section.
- Our dedicated project team tried our best to develop the image gallery functions, integrate PDF iFrame and design a dedicated design for the articles pages with related hot tags and related posts section.
- Compared with the old website, the new website is equipped with more effective features. Website users will be able to view the gallery images with more feasibility. Besides, they also can read more about the eBook through the PDF iFrame.
Our Solution And Tech Stack
Drupal Website Development
We use the top three most used CMS – Drupal technology to develop this website that client wants with powerful and user-friendly features. It is a flexible CMS, client can customize a lot of thing and create website type that they want.
We developed advanced search function for this Drupal website. It is a way to find something from a large list of articles by specifying a criteria including multiple parameters. This can be a quicker or easier way to find content.
Our team developed eNewsletter Subscriptions function for the website to collect subscribers’ email address and name. The system will send out confirmation email automatically after user click subsribe button.
The iframe that used to read PDF file is integrated into this Drupal website. All of the website visitors will be able to read about Hong Kong history books through this website and also can read the relevants articles through this website.
We use the HTML editor to insert articles for client. Client also can use it to design a post page without having any programming knowledge. It is often faster and easier to make changes to a page using a text editor.
Sorting and Filtering
With effective filtering and sorting options, this Drupal website’s user experience is improved. We created filters enable users to narrow down a website’s articles selection to only those few posts that match their particular interests.
Distinct & Appealing Icons
We inserts suitable icons for important points in website. This is to let website visitor to understand the information clearly, well, and easily.
An attractive website design is one that intrigues viewers to want to explore deeper into the whole website. Therefore, our professional designers design the webpages that initially be aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
Most Appealing Animations
Animation on the web is a great way to make a website delightful, attractive and feel alive. Our development team added smooth animation on website making the entire website engaging and vibrant.
Let us call you back on your suitable time.
We’re ready to get you started on your next website project. Let us schedule a meeting suitable for you.
Let’s talk about your case
Fill out the form below to receive a Free in-Call audit